Thursday, March 22, 2007

Q1

Who are the main characters in the novel? Do you like them? Why or why not? What is special about them? what do they reveal about the universal human experience?

I think the main characters of this novel are Ponyboy, Darry, and Sodapop, because the novel goes by them and Ponyboy is the narrator of the novel. Also Darry and Sodapop is kind of family of Ponyboy. Ponyboy lost his parents by car accident. They are not very special but they are greaser. But I think they are not bad greaser as Socs, because they don’t do many bad things. Darry is pretty special. The reasons why I think he is special are he has quit the school, he was intelligent. Also he was good athletic. I don’t understand why he had quit the school. I think they reveal kind of orphan or poor poeple who are not bad , because they are not bad greasers. Also they reveal how people try to live even though they are poor as Darry.

No comments: