Thursday, March 1, 2007

Q5

What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in anyway? Why?

The moods of The lord of the flies are happy and fear. Reason why I think the moods are happy and fear is at the first time at the island, children were happy. Because they could eat fruits, swim, and play whenever they want. But later one boy says there is beast so all the boys get fears. Later the story, someone get lost and children get fears more. From that point to end of the novel, the mood is fear. Fear gets stronger and stronger so make them separated. In this novel, I could find sadden at when Piggy died, because Piggy was one of Jack’s friend I island and he was only one who stayed with Ralph at the end of his life. That scene was the most sad part.

2 comments:

Herim Grace Shin said...

Hi Hyunbae!
I agree on what you think about the mood of the story.
At first I thought the mood was very bright and fun things would happen. But, as I read the story, the mood becomes darker and darker. It was sad to see the boys turning evil.
I liked the way you wrote your comment on mine very honestly.
Good work Hyunbae!

Apple said...

Yo, Hyunbae this is EricLee, Apple~

I like your idea, saying happy and fear.. It's kind of difficult to recognize and but I still can understand what you're trying to say. The mood in the story is well shown and you found it very well.
I like your writing style and it indicates the theme and the story very well.

good good